Our traditional Saturday rides attracts hundreds of cyclists of all types and skill levels. Rides are organized by speed groups, and we welcome new riders. The ride caller will generally request that new riders announce themselves in an effort to facilitate aligning them with the most appropriate group to help shepherd them through the ride to ensure a memorable experience.
SPBC is a member of:
- The Mayor’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee where bicycling initiatives are planned
- The Florida Bicycle Association that advocates for laws and regulations in the state legislature
- The League of American Bicyclists.
- Discounts are available on bikes and accessories at participating local bicycle shops.
- 20% discount for Road iD products.
SPBC hosts and facilitates events to encourage friendship among bicyclists (and their significant others) including:
- Post ride Club Socials throughout the year, often by the Tampa Bay waterfront
- Annual holiday party for a night of fine food, beverages, and entertainment
- Annual Volunteer Recognition party
- Mural and Brewery Tour rides
- Scavenger Hunt rides
SPBC cycling kits
St. Petersburg Bicycle Club cycling kits are available to only to members for purchase during specific times of the year. Our made in the USA custom cycling kits are made from premium fabrics and materials by Borah Teamware out of Wisconsin. Members may log in and click on the SPBC Kit tab on the left side of the drop down menus to find the Team Store when kits are available for purchasing.
We raise funds to donate to local charities. One of which is Charlie's Champs, a local non-profit organization that strives to provide events for children with different abilities who cannot participate in organized sporting events. Charlie's Champs provides adaptive equipment for a child's specific disability so that child may play and be a part of an organized sporting event, allowing children and their families to enjoy being on a team with others.
We reach out to community organizations to advocate for cycling and open dialogues on how we can share the road.